The beginning stages of wedding planning can be very exciting. As a bride you should give yourself time to process the wedding proposal before you dive in to everything wedding related. Most brides start off by looking for a dress, putting together a guest list and searching for a wedding venue. The wedding venue is one of the most important aspects of the wedding and should be selected with a few things in mind. Use these tips as a guide to help you find that perfect space.
- Establish your guest count first. A lot of times brides will pick their venue first only to find out later that the venue cannot hold the people on their guest list. You can avoid this by creating a list and then researching your venue online to see which one would accommodate your wedding size comfortably. This simple tip will also help to eliminate wasting time at venues that may be too small for your wedding party.
- Choose a venue that tells your story. Your venue should reflect your taste as a couple. For instance, if you and your significant other love art then consider getting married in an art gallery. If the two of you have a love for the outdoors, then choose a venue where you can have a beautiful outdoor ceremony.
- Look for the basics. If you have a small wedding budget then you want to make sure to avoid venues that do not have the basics. It will be financially beneficial to you if your venue has tables, chairs, and a bonus if they carry linens. The less you have to rent the more money you will save.
- Don’t forget to ask about parking. Make sure that the venue has sufficient parking for your guest. Some places may offer a shuttle if parking is limited. Other venues may offer valet parking or require guests to pay for parking. If you do not want your guests to pay for parking you may want to ask the venue about purchasing prepaid parking tickets as part of your package.
- Consider using a venue on the days they offer special rates. Most venues offer better rates on Fridays and Sundays because Saturdays are such a popular day for weddings. You will be surprised at how much you will save when you choose a day other than Saturday.
Keep in mind that your venue selection is critical and it is where the next chapter of your life will begin. While you should take your time selecting your venue, avoid procrastinating and being indecisive because a good venue will book fast!